Mindfulness For Seniors
In this programme, participants cultivate intimacy with breath and body sensations through sitting in chairs and standing mindful movements. The class begins and ends with short mindfulness meditation. I teach this programme in many Retirement Villages and Care Homes.
BENEFITS OF MINDFULNESS PRACTICE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS:
- Improves mental alertness.
- Amplifies positive emotions and enhances overall mood.
- Aids digestion and elimination.
- Slows down the development of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Enhances short and long-term memory.
- Helps to observe thoughts and gains a clear perspective of things.
- Increases joints’ mobility and strength.
- Improves balance and stability.
- Improves sleep.
- Improves blood flow.
- Improves mood and well-being.
- Aids in the grieving process.
- Normalizes blood pressure.